I hope things are going well with you. I’ve been trying to find ways to stay encouraged and keep myself focused forward and finally, I was able to find a few things that worked for me. Some of this I’m sure you’ve heard of, but I’m going to share them anyway because I know it works!
- Number one and most important, remember your why? Why am I doing this in the first place? Why is it so important that “I” do this? I made a poster (which is really just a piece of copy paper) and I wrote my “Why” on it and placed it on the wall where I knew I’d see it. So, whenever I get a little lazy or think about giving up, I have that to remind me.
- Give social media a break. I can go on my social media pages to make a post and attempt to get out of dodge a.s.a.p. and next thing you know, I’ve lost like 2hours. The absence of social media creates a vacancy that can be filled with more important things like planning, doing some research on the market you’re entering or meditating. Do yourself a favor and turn off notifications if you haven’t done so already.
- Take a mental trip down memory lane. I know that were trying to stay focused forward and looking back goes against the whole “leave your past in the past” rule; But, I find that nothing propels me forward like that reminder of where I’ve been and how far I’ve come. Allow yourself to travel back to the start line of your journey and look at all the knowledge you’ve gained and the person you’ve become. Don’t be surprised when you find yourself smiling upon return 😊
- Make a work schedule. Write down the time of day that is best for you to complete what you’re trying to accomplish. You can even add the best place to get it done. Be sure to write down how many hours you want to dedicate to your business or whatever it is you’re working on.
- Keep a journal of your trials and triumphs. You want to have a record of the success steps that brought you to your triumph, as you may be able to apply this process again. Your trials will be your best educator. They give you the opportunity to document how this loss made you feel, so that you can be reminded of how you felt and that you don’t want to feel that way again. Besides, most of your triumphs will be a direct result of your trials and that is some information you could always use.
I hope that this little share was helpful to someone. What are you doing to stay encouraged and focused forward? Sharing is caring. Please comment below if you’d like to add to this list.